- Blog when inspiration strikes you. It's very difficult to blog when you're not in the mood to write, and you're likely to get frustrated if you try to blog at the wrong times.
- Write less but more often. People on the Internet have a short attention span.
- Keep a list on your computer of the topics you want to blog about. Even if you can't blog at that moment, you can always come back to your list to remember what you want to write about.
- Go easy on the pictures. Uploading and formatting pictures on your blog takes a long time and can get frustrating - so frustrating that you might stop blogging.
- While other people may enjoy your blog, remember that your blog is mainly for yourself. Don't try to write for other people - just write for yourself. Even if no one reads your blog, it's fun to go back after some time to see how you felt about certain things.
- Check your blog over once before you post it. Use spell check. You don't need to make your blog perfect, but a cleanly written blog will be easier for your audience to read.
- Use labels to categorize your posts.
- If you particularly like one of your blogs, send it to a newspaper and magazine to see if it can get published.
If anyone else has some blogging tips, feel free to leave a comment here!