To be more specific, I live in Sherman Oaks. Sherman Oaks is one of the southernmost parts of the San Fernando Valley. I chose this location because I am:
- 30 minutes from work (no traffic in the morning or evening)
- 20 minutes from Santa Monica
- 20 minutes from Hollywood
- 45 minutes from Malibu
- 20 minutes from the Burbank airport
Basically if you mapped all of these places and found the midpoint, you would be staring at Sherman Oaks. Valencia, the city where I work, is actually quite picturesque. Boston Scientific, my employer, is located on a hill with great views of the canyons. It's windier at the office and one can often see wildlife like deer, hawks, etc. It reminds me a little of SAP's Palo Alto office.
Quick first impressions:
- People are in incredible shape
- The traffic is bad most of the time
- The surfing looks terrific
- The "going out" vibe is electric.
If you have any suggestions for things to do here, let me know!