Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Daily Grind (I)

Semester I at Penn is now in full swing. Here's what my routine looks like:

Monday:
7:30 - Wake up
8:30 - 10 - Exercise
1 - 5 - CBE480 (Genetic Engineering) lab
11:30 - Lights out

Tuesday:
7:30 - Wake up
9- 10:30 - Biol402 (Biochemistry)
4:30 - 7:30 CBE554(Engineering Biotech II)
11:30 - Lights out

Wednesday:
7:30 - Wake up
8:30 - 10 - Exercise
1 - 5 - CBE480 (Genetic Engineering) lab
11:30 - Lights out

Thursday:
7:30 - Wake up
9 - 10:30 - Biol402 (Biochemistry)
3:30 - 4:30 - International Council, GAPSA Meeting
7:30 - 8:30 - Penn Biotech Group Consulting
11:30 - Lights out

Friday:
8:30 - Wake up
9:00 - 10 - Exercise
No class

Saturday / Sunday:
9:30 - Wake up
10:00 - Exercise
Chores

Observations thus far:
  • Taking 3 classes: Biochemistry, Engineering Biotech II, and Genetic Engineering Lab.
  • Involved in 2 extracurriculars: Graduate Student Council - International Council and Penn Biotech Group Consulting Project.
  • Trying to exercise 5 days a week (everyday but Tuesday and Thursday). Not a member of a gym, just doing the bare bones: jogging by the Schukhill River, push ups, and sit ups. It's not that cold anymore so jogging outside is ok.
  • Trying to get up and go to bed at the same times from Monday - Thursday, with a little leeway from Friday - Sunday. I think going to bed early and waking up early is the key to success.
  • No classes on Friday, so this is when I work on HealthCare Volunteer and miscellaneous activities.
  • Save the chores for Saturday and Sunday: cleaning & laundry.
  • Eating at home is cheaper than eating on campus, so I'll probably shift my studying from the library to studying at home. But this month, most of my time has been in the library.
  • I don't have a TV, so in the evenings before I sleep I watch Daily Show and Colbert Report episodes on my computer.

So there you have it - my schedule for semester I at Penn. It's busy, but I'm enjoying it.

2 comments:

Vishnu said...

Your school doesn't have a gym?
- Vish

Unknown said...

It does have a gym, but it's kind of far from me...

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email