Monday, May 31, 2010

Morocco & Tunisia: Summary Thoughts

I recently spent 11 days in Morocco and 3 days in Tunisia with Neilesh Patel. In Morocco we visited Casablanca, Rabat, Meknes, Fez, Marrakesh, El Jedida, and Oualidia. In Tunisia we visited Tunis (Sousse), El Jem, Matmata, and Zafran (Sahara). Though I'll post specifics on my travels in future postings, here are my final thoughts on the trip:






  • The Sahara is magnificent and worth exploring in more detail
  • The Moroccans I met were more jovial than the Tunisians I met
  • The highlight of Morocco was surfing (Rabat 1x, Oualidia 2x)
  • French is a beautiful language
  • The veil is disappearing in Morocco, maybe in Tunisia too
  • The souk in Fez was the best and most authentic
  • You must hold you nose through Souk Dajaj (the chicken souq)
  • I love mint tea
  • Pomme de Pain was my favorite restaurant in Morocco
  • Royal Air Morocco is to be avoided

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email