Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hiking in the Poconos

Last Saturday I went hiking in the Poconos with 5 of my classmates. Thus I accomplished one of my goals for the Fall - seeing the leaves change color. We were supposed to do the Pinochot trail in the Lackawanna State Park here: http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/hiking/pinchot.aspx. The hiking was absolutely splendid, even though we didn't do the trails that we intended to do. I hate to say it, but the scenery was even more beautiful that the scenery in the hikes I've done in California. Clearly, different trees grow in the Northeast and there is more precipitation over here, so it's not uncommon to see random ponds and rivers. Contrast this to the fairly dry California climate. I can take solace in the fact that California still probably has a better coastline.

We left Philly at 7:30am, hiked from 10am to 3pm, and returned to Philly at 5pm (in time for Cohort Cup - Flag Football; Cohort B beat Cohort C by a score of 32 - 0. Yes, we are athletic). I would like to go hiking once more before all the leaves fall.






















1 comment:

Sparkle said...

ooohhh the foliage looks so beautiful! i love seeing the leaves change color

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email