Sunday, December 8, 2019

Waterdog

I recently explored a new hiking / biking trail. It's called Waterdog and it's a network of trails that surround Waterdog Lake in Belmont. I think I've found a great spot to work on my mountain biking and trail running skills.

Waterdog is scenic and surprisingly not crowded despite its easy access on the Peninsula. The park can be accessed from San Carlos or Belmont. The park consists of several trails that lead from the hills down into a valley with a lake (Waterdog lake). 


Mountain biking trails are graded like ski slopes - beginner (green), intermediate (blue), advanced (black / red). So far, I haven't seen any mountain bikers in Waterdog, but my two trips there have been during rainy weather.

This is the Trek Fuel 8 bike that I was trialing, in preparation to purchase the Trek Fuel 7. It's a full suspension mountain bike with extra wide tires. It held up well during my trial run. It was complimented by a trail runner who, like me, enjoyed being out in the rain. He was nice enough to pause his rain and take a picture of me.

Near Waterdog Lake, there is unique scenery that is reminiscent of scenery that I saw in Ireland. Enjoy the pictures below!









No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email