Friday, April 16, 2010

Hawaii

Last month, I went to Hawaii for Spring Break with my dad. Despite growing up in California, just 5 hours away, this was my first time to Hawaii. We spent 3 days on Oahu and 2 days on Maui. In Oahu, I met a friend for dinner, visited Pearl Harbor, took a city tour, went surfing, went scuba diving to a plane wreck, and hiked up Diamond Head. I enjoyed Oahu / Honolulu and its throngs of people. In contrast, Maui was sedate. Still, it had some beautiful scenery especially at Honolua Bay where I watched advanced surfers and on the Road to Hanna. But without a doubt, the highlight of the entire trip was surfing. I had been surfing a few times, but could only occasionally get up on the board. This time, I took a lesson, and it made a huge difference. When you learn to surf in the place where surfing began, good things can happen!


Pictures:

Scuba Diving:

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email