Friday, April 16, 2010

Smartphone Decisions

I have traditionally been a late adopter of technology, especially when it comes to phones. Now I'm realizing that I want and need a smartphone. My free Nokia phone has done well for its price ($0), but I just can't keep pace with the smartphone crowd. I am seriously considering 3 phones right now:

iphone:

This is the safe choice. It's proven and its strengths and weaknesses are known. The negatives are that AT&T doesn't have a great network and that one can't multi-task on the iphone.

Droid:

Droid runs with Verizon and has a Google operating system (the Android) to support it. On the downside, it's heavy.

Nexus One:

I'm leaning towards this phone, because it seems like a cross between the Iphone and the Droid. Unfortunately, it's not yet out for Verizon. It also doesn't have as many apps as iphone, but I'm not sure how important that is.

This link has a good comparison of nexus one vs. the iphone:

I think there is no right decision here, and I'll have to take the plunge at some point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you get an iPhone, we can play chess. : D
Bob

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email