Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pre-Pre-Term

And so it begins. After months of anticipation, welcome weekends, and networking, we finally start pre-term at Wharton. As a Healthcare Management major, our pre-term begins a few days early. Healthcare pre-term started with a tour of the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. We saw the Emergency Department, neonatal intensive care unit, and trauma surgery intensive care unit. We also had a great social at the Manayunk brewery, in a foresty area overlooking the Schukyill River. The healthcare pre-term had a serious entrepreneurship focus, which I really enjoyed. This focus was intentional given the next 4 months will be dominated by presentations from investment banks and consulting firms.

I just finished taking my math waiver exam and am working on submitting credentials to waive other classes; however, I'm not sure they'll be accepted so I'm busy studying for waiver exams. This plus social events is going to add up to a busy August.


Here are my first impressions of Wharton: everyone is very impressive and it's hard to stand out. Second, there are a lot of social activities and a lot of drinking. Given that I'm not a big drinker, I wonder how my experience will be. Lastly, there are a million things to do here, and I need to stay focused on what I want to get out of my Wharton experience.

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email