Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Champions of Cohort Cup

In a year of highlights, let's add another one to the list. My beloved cohort B - aka the Killer Bees - won the Cohort Cup. You might recall my earlier entry on Cohort Cup:

http://letter-of-marque.blogspot.com/2010/09/cohort-cup-dodgeball.html

Cohort B has been a stellar cohort all year long. We sealed the deal in the last event of the competition - cohort relays. This event consisted of a free throw contest (basketball), a speed eating contest, several running relays, and finally, a tug-of-war contest. Going into the day, Cohort B was 5 points ahead of Cohort I. At the end of the day, B and I tied for first in the day's events. Thus, Cohort B won the Cohort Cup by 5 points over Cohort I. We did this with almost no support from the second years, unfortunately.

That night, we took the cup to Atlantic City to party.

Winning Cohort Cup has given our cohort immense pride and is likely to keep us close in our 2nd year. Next year, I think a lot of 2nd year Bs will take part in the events with the first years.

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email