Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cohort Cup - Kickball!

Our first inter-cohort competition has ended - cohort kickball. What is kickball you might ask? That's a great question, given that half the people playing today didn't know the rules. But that's okay. Kickball is essentially 11-man baseball but instead of hitting a baseball with a bit you kick a red bouncy ball (the kind you used in foursquare when you were a kid).
Cohort B, my cohort, aka the Killer Bees did quite well. We were one of the last 3 teams when I went home due to injury (right quad and left calf). I must be getting older because I can't remember the last time I pulled a calf muscle. Need to stretch more.

Each of the 12 cohorts participated in an elimination style tournament. We beat Cohort A (our in-cluster rivals) and then C before losing to K. K played G but the game went into extra innings. When I left at7:45pm the game was still going on (the day started at 3pm). It was raining off and on all day.

The quote of the day, by Scott, my cohort-mate: "It's kind of sad that the best play in kickball is a slow roller to 3rd". True, because anything in the air is usually caught. Your best play is to bunt the ball to 3rd.



































No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email