Thursday, August 19, 2010

Phillies vs. Giants

I bid 500 points on the Phillies game in the pre-term auction, thinking that the game would be expensive. The clearing price was only 10. The Giants won, 5-2. This was an important game since both teams are 2nd place in their division and are competing against each other for a wild card slot. But, few people from the Wharton crowd were focused on the game. Given that 35% of our class is international, many people didn't know how the game was played (just like kickball). Even I am not as passionate about Bay Area sports as I once was. Around 2004/5, I started losing interest (the demise of Barry Bonds and the departure of Steve Young). I eventually got bored and left the game in the 7th inning stretch. It's going to be a busy weekend with the Finance placement exam on Friday, another small group dinner on Friday night, and the learning team retreat on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email