Sunday, September 5, 2010

Poconos White Water Rafting

Last Sunday I went whitewater rafting with 11 friends from Wharton in the Lehigh area (about 2 hours from Philly). The river was an easy Class 2 - 3, so there was a lot of time for splashing and squirting other rafts with water guns. One of the fun things about rafting this river was that we guided our own raft, as opposed to having an experienced guide in the raft. About 30 rafts went in our session. The two Wharton rafts (of 6 people each) emerged in front of the pack - I guess our teamwork class paid off :) But having rafted about 15 times, I knew how to steer and guide the raft. Only one guy in our raft fell out of the raft (twice). I also rescued a stranger who was ejected from his raft (not that he was in any serious danger).

After rafting, we went to Jaipur for dinner, since it was on the way home. Luckily for us, the son of the owners of Jaipur is a first year at Wharton in the Healthcare Management program. So dinner was on the house - I had my favorite Sarson Saag and Jalapeno naan. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email