Friday, September 10, 2010

Pub + WGA Jersey Shore Party

Social Thursdays are here again. Yesterday I went to my first official Pub and later went to the WGA (Wharton Graduate Association) Jersey Shore party. Pub is simply awesome: all you can drink beer, wine, etc. and all you can eat pizza. It's a place for 1st and 2nd year's to congregate after a not-so-hard week of work. Have you ever seen the Smirnoff Ice commercials where bros 'ice' other bros? (by giving them a Smirnoff ice and forcing them to chug the bottle with one knee on the floor?) Well, I got iced. I actually had more fun at Pub than the Jersey Shore party.

Later I went to the Jersey Shore Party. I just started watching the show and I like it. The characters are over the top. It's a stupid show but it's entertaining. Funny thing is, I tend to go to the Jersey shore a lot for surfing. In fact I'm going on Sunday since we have an HCM party at a professor's house in Margate. I think we need to bring back 'man jewelry' - heavy chains, rings, etc. Interestingly, a lot of guys in India (the bhaiyas) dress like the Jersey shore cast. I'm hoping the Jersey Shore dressing style goes mainstream. Why be subtle when you can be loud?

The party itself was pretty fun, with everyone in costume. My costume was a little weak. I lacked jewelry or the loud, tight shirts that the guys wear on the show. One guy came dressed as Snooki. Just about every party at Wharton seems to be a theme party.

No comments:

Subscribe to Letter of Marque by Email